Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Heaven and Earth.

I acknowledge that I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

However, the more days that pass me by I realize more and more that we were not created for things of this world. Our relationships, commitments, experiences, etc. are all important aspects to life here on earth. If you are reading this…you have been created with great purpose. Purpose today, here, now, on earth. Purpose to bring praise and glory to God. Here. But ultimately there is a much greater purpose. A heavenly purpose.

For whatever reason, God chose to create Samara for heavenly purposes only. I think that’s pretty cool. Think about that thought for a minute. God chose to create Samara for heavenly purposes only! What an honor, joy and privilege.

Friday was a day to honor and remember Samara. And thanks to the advancements of modern technology and a “we won’t give up yet” attitude through the final minute from mom, dad and others, Stacie and I were able to watch the memorial service live (via skype and webcam). How great it was for Stacie and I to feel like we were there, to have our hearts hurt with them. Of course we wished we could have really been there in person, but this was the best possible supplement.

Even though we were unable to be in Grand Rapids at this time, Stacie and I did however eat lunch in one of our favorite Restaurant/Coffee Shops in the Old City the other day in Samara’s honor. We thought it seemed appropriate.



No comments: