Saturday, November 24, 2007

Quake

Well it’s been another great, yet busy week. We just completed our last week of classes at JUC for the semester. Last night Stacie and I had just gone to bed. It was the quiet, still, take a deep breath, restful silence. Friday night, we were quite tired, and ready for some Shabbat Shalom. Shortly after getting settled in, Stacie initially thought I began shaking the bed with my feet or something, but I told her I wasn’t doing anything and in fact it wasn’t just the bed that was shaking. It was a deep, eerie, rumbling of the entire house for about five seconds. Earthquake.
When we woke up in the morning we read that the quake measured at 4.2 on the Richter scale, and its epicenter was located in central Israel. Nobody was hurt, no damage done, just another interesting experience here in the land of Israel.

No comments: