Wednesday, August 6, 2008

TV

Stacie and I didn't have a TV in Israel during our two years there. For some that might be hard to fathom, for me it was really no problem at all.

Since we've been back we still haven't watched any TV. However, we had a coupon for $40 off the digital TV box thing we'll need by 2009 and the coupon was to expire in a couple days, so last night we thought we should go pick one up...somewhat reluctantly.

On the way there I saw a guy wearing a bright yellow t-shirt that read

Life is short.
Watch TV.

I'm not kidding.
That might be the biggest oxymoron I have ever heard. I really wanted to roll down my window and ask the guy what the heck he was doing outside wasting his life away.

But at the same time, deep inside me the haunting question - "Yeah but you're going to buy this stupid thing so you can watch TV, then you would be wasting your life away..."

We bought it anyway.
Grrrrrrrrrr.

No comments: